Established in 2005, Voluntary Action Elmbridge seeks to support voluntary and community work in Elmbridge.
We aim to promote any charitable purposes for the benefit of the community in the local government district of Elmbridge and its neighbourhood (hereinafter called “the area of benefit”) and, in particular, the advancement of education, the protection of health and the relief of poverty, distress and sickness.
We also aim to promote and organise co-operation in the achievement of the above purposes and to that end to bring together in representatives of the voluntary organisations and statutory authorities within the area of benefit.
Voluntary Action Elmbridge is part of the local support and development network which operates in Surrey and provides help and support for voluntary, community and faith organisations in order to:
- Provide an effective and accessible volunteer recruitment and placement service and ensure Best Practice in the management and support of volunteers.
- Develop a volunteering ethos in Elmbridge through liaison work with schools, businesses, public bodies etc.
- Provide a liaison service, promoting cross sector relationships.
- Provide an independent voice for the Voluntary Community Service in Elmbridge, representing the sector to other agencies, statutory and public.
- Contribute to strategic partnerships.
- Encourage the local Voluntary Community Service to have a closer relationship with statutory, public and private partners.
- Create an efficient organisational infrastructure.